This has been sitting in my drafts since like last year so I'm finally kicking it out into the world. Made using these hexcrawl generation rules.
Materials recovered from the basement of Vera Carapetti, currently missing, presumed dead.
1. 'Episode ##' - An unaired episode of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, recorded to a USB drive. Over the course of the episode, the character of Okuyasu incapacitates and buries the rest of the cast alive whilst under the effects of an enemy stand (not shown in the episode). The final scene, in which a dirt-covered Okuyasu is shown sitting in front of a nondescript apartment door, runs for a total of three hours before the episode ends.
2. 'Scale 06' - Cello score scrawled on the back of a small flip notebook. Begins as a standard G Major scale, however goes higher and lower than exist in standard musical notation, with unknown symbols representing the new notes. When played, musicians allegedly develop alien hand syndrome in their bowing hand over the following few days.
3. 'House of Thorns' - An unpublished sequel to Jane Eyre, detailing the Jane and Rochesters life following the events of the novel. After falling into a sinkhole in the garden and experiencing a disturbing vision of heaven, Jane is haunted by nightmares and insomnia. Jane's mental state steadily degrades and she begins to inflict an escalating series of psychological tortures on Rochester. The book ends abruptly with a bright light illuminating the house as it rises into the sky.
4. 'RossisSleeping' - A dvd containing the fifth season of Friends. In every episode the character of Ross is clearly dead, having suffered a throat wound. The other characters seem oblivious to this, acting as normal. The corpse visibly rots as the season progresses, with flies, rats and vermin seen feeding on it at several points.
5. '7thInternationale' - A hand-held video camera of unknown make, containing 157 hours of footage depicting the final days of a failed revolution in Detroit, Michigan. All footage is filmed inside an apartment building that appears to be under siege by forces the revolutionaries refer to as 'yellowboots'. The footage ends as the decision is made to detonate the building using stockpiled explosives.
6. 'Map of the Stars' - A fold-out map depicting a crude rendition of Los Angeles with the houses of celebrities marked with golden stars. None of the names refer to currently living people, instead matching the names of missing Slovakian children from the years 1980-1985. Following the map does not lead to any houses, instead one will find themselves led to a variety of sewer access manholes.
7. 'LaraAlone_v8.4.exe' - A copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider, in which players find themselves unable to progress beyond the introductory mountain mission. The climb continues indefinetly, with Lara eventually forced to kill and cannibalize her companion as she runs out of food. Longest recorded play time is 18 hours, by which point the mountain is surrounded by a black void and Lara is suffering severe frostbite.
8. 'My Summer Holiday' - A series of videos posted by an anonymous user on 4chans /wsg/ board, in which an unseen woman falls down a tunnel. Over the course of the series, the tunnel walls change from natural rock to concrete to carved marble. The videos averaged 5.4 hours in length, and 12 were posted in total. In the last uploaded video, a faint red light can be seen far below, as well as the sound of electronic dance music.
9. 'Hippo Fanciers Monthly' - A magazine, apparently published in Mexico in 1970. Aimed at professional Hippo farmers and competiton breeders. Photos inside depict several currently non-existant breeds of the animals, as well as details of 'desirable traits' such as tusk length, skin taughtness, agression and speed.
10. 'Recipe for Harold' - A recipe for Beef Wellington that extends to 24 A5 pages, and calling for ingredients such as broken glass, corpse ash and wool. Handwriting changes style several times. Margins contain a rambling story in which 'Harold' is force-fed meals in an effort to achieve apotheosis.
11. 'Magdalen Street Murders' - Footage observing murders taking place in the kitchen of several different houses, shot from the back garden. The murders follow the same pattern- a figure wearing a Burger King mask emerges from beneath the table and attacks with a set of garden sheers. An unseen commentator then offers critique and a numbered rating from 1 to 10.
12. 'Strobe Sun' - A large crowd gathers on a beach at night, singing hymns in an unknown language. This proceeds for 2 hours, until the sun begins to rise. As it does it begins to flash rapidly, similair to a strobe light. The crowd begins to scream and suffer seizures as a blurred figure emerges from the waves.
The name of my blog is 'Atomic Witch Coven' but I havn't made a single post about anything vaguely nuclear-related. I'm a hack and a fraud.
Adapted almost entirely from Skerple's radiation table. Make a body save at the end of
Make a body test after every interval or suffer the effects, plus the effects from less intense sources as well. Remember to follow your space OSHA protocols lads.